Thread: 47-55.1 Electric 3100
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 12:18 AM   #20
mr48chev

Re: Electric 3100

Well at least it isn't needing a lot if it sits in the garage. My son's father in law is a real cowboy who even did a few years of being a rodeo pickup man. He is 4 years older than me and still works about 40 hours a week or more to be able to pay for the feed for his horses.

There is a time and place for everything, While I don't see that fancy 150K electric converson AD as anythign except something with a lot of Bubba factor and not that practical.

The other conversion that ends up costing about the same as an LS4 crate motor and Tremec 5 speed and attending pieces could be a practial drive around town and commute a reasonable disatance to work rig for about the cost as a box with wheels off the new car lot. Most of us with an AD or TF still have our "work rig" that gets driven to work daily and runs errands. That may be a mid 70's beater truck or it may be a 2023 Silverado High Country with every bell and whistle. A lot of guys just go to the lot and find a new rig that is hopefully under 30 K to drive for five years before they take it back and get another one. If you can do an AD or TF daily for under 30 K with electric power and it takes the place of the new disposable rig life is good. Run back and forth to work in it and then you have your cool gas powered truck for the special trips.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote