View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #62
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Hey boggers, you are building one heck of a truck man, no matter where you live. But especially impressive that it's in Austria. Just about building it to show quality, it looks like. Then undercarriage would be nicer than most cars at the neighborhood level shows, for sure. I think you are going to be just fine with the exhaust. You've got good diameter tubing, especially considering its a 305. Glad to see you ran it all the way out the back. Personally I like that better, and I think it cuts down on the droning. Sounds like you may have got your shock situation figured out. Only thing I thought of was if all those shims on the control arm pushed it out too far. Good luck, keep us updated, this is fun to watch.
Thanks bud,
I havent really sorted out my shock situation yet, just spit balling ideas. In regards to the shims on the control arms, it is actually few shims than was on it originally. But it is a completely different suspension set up now. I can take them all out just to see if that helps the alignment with the shocks.

I dont have much time to work on the truck these days, but I have the weekend off so I will hopefully finish all the electronics for the motor. I primed the motor the other day, 83 lbs of oil pressure.

I am getting a power steering pump and box from Lee, I am looking forward to seeing the difference with the steering.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote