View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #65
tucsonjwt

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

You no longer have a stock truck, so I would consider getting seats for safety and comfort instead of the stock seats. Recaro seats are, of course, the best (IMHO) but the cheapest ones they sell in the US are now $1000+ per seat. (I had the same seats in my Hondas which I paid $425 for a set of two about 15 years ago.)

I am going to put Chrysler Sebring convertible seats in my truck eventually. They are not very big and have integral seat belts, plus a power driver's seat. If you get the seats out of a 2001 and up you don't have to deal with an electronic seat belt module which prevents the seat belts from working when the ignition is turned off. I got a pair in leather from a local pick and pull and they are serviceable as is (just one small seam separation in the driver's seat.)

You could get them recovered in the US then shipped over to you. I doubt that you would spend more than $250 to get them recovered - maybe less if you furnished the leather. (I had the Recaro seats recovered locally in Hirsch Leather I furnished - about $250, but that was years ago.) You can get custom seat covers for the Sebring convertible seats on Ebay for not much money and recover them yourself.

I like the headrests on the Sebring seats because I am 6'2" and need some vertical support. You won't get that with stock seats.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote