View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #60
69TowRig

Re: You Chose a Blazer/Jimmy - WHY?

A buddy of mine had been buggin' me about a co-worker that had "some old Blazer" rotting away in his backyard down in Corpus-Christi (back when I lived in Houston). I had just finished up building my Frontier for wheelin' a few months before and was itching for another project. I always like the 71/72 Chevy K10s so I figured it would look like that. When I first laid eyes on it looking sad under a tree almost 4 years ago I had never even seen the '69/70 style grille. I wasn't sure I liked it but the price was good at the time and I was told that it ran decent. I stewed over it for a week or two then decided to go ahead and get it so I could restore it. I was looking for a permanent residence at the time and figured I would have a garage a month or two after I bought it. Took me another 3 years to get a house and garage.

I went to get it and it didn't run decent, needed a fuel pump just to get out of the yard it was in, and left me on the side of the road about 7 miles later. Half the lights did not work, the carb accel pump was shot, the radiator was plugged, water neck was leaking, and only the left front brake worked! What was I thinking?!?!? It has been a money pit ever since.

At least I am working on it though, and I can drive it around without worrying about being stranded on short drives (now that I know when it craps out again it's the HEI module again). LOL.
Building a stripper, one part at a time: 1969 K5, 307, 3spd, 3 seats, hard top. Added Pwr Discs, Pwr Steering, Aux Battery, T-case Skid, Lighted Sidemarkers, HEI, Lock-Right Diff, ECE Class IV Hitch, 32" MT/Rs. Parts to Install: Hand Throttle, Console, Tow Hooks, Dual Horns, AM-FM, Dealer Swing-Away Tire Carrier, Gas Tank Skid.
Also building a 1950 Willys CJ-3A and off-roading a 2001 Nissan Frontier on 1-Ton Portals...
69TowRig is offline   Reply With Quote