View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Nomadicflyer

This project needs a name

I picked up this 91 Blazer to get me through the Dakota winter, and will be my daily driver for the next few months. Then I need to figure out what to do with her. For now, this little Beast is getting axle seals replaced, brakes worked, steering components replaced and a general clean up.

She was a Wildlife Service rig, so everything (but the trans) is manual; door windows, lock out hubs, door locks, etc. It would have been amazing to find one that was a manual trans, but I'm dealing with the local economy, here. Finding this took months of looking and disappointing test drives!

Anyway, I need a name for this ugly duck. Any ideas?

I'm just starting to read Blazer threads~ I can't wait to see what's been done, out there! This forum has always been a source of inspiration and know-how, through my last build of Miss Olive. I'm looking forward to sharing and learning with the Blazer side of the House!

Out of the starting gate, I'll be searching the forum for:
Front axle seal replacement tips~
Any hidden challenges to rebuilding the brakes~
Driver seat frame repair/upgrade (from leaned back low rider broke to sitting up straight at the adults table)~
Driving tips with this 4wd set up. Is it the same as my 69 CJ5 with manual locking hubs?
Mild tire/wheel/lift upgrade~ how big a tire fits without a lift? Do I have a lift? It sits pretty high, already~

That's it, at this point. I have my homework to do, and will be reaching out to some of you, after reading through these great posts, here on this forum. Can't wait to see where this goes!

Best Regards,
Kevin
Attached Images