Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 11:23 PM   #1412
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
That sounds pretty tight but if you're able to get access to work on it on nice days it might be worth the hassle. A good coat of epoxy primer over everything works best to protect against moisture in the air, but 2K is pretty porous and might not work as well depending on how you wrap the truck if stored outside under a cover. After all the work it takes to get the surface ready to paint, it's a PITA to have to re-do it.

It takes a lot of effort to finesse the gaps. Mine needed shims on the fenders, doors, cowl and core support as well as a few elongated holes here and there to get decent gaps ...and it's still not perfect. So take your time and you'll be rewarded.
Yea your not kidding on the gaps, almost everything I do I learn I should have approached it differently, do something else first or save doing something for last, but anyway the gaps are probably as good as they were before I started, I think if its going to get any better the truck needs to be on flat/er ground like a driveway. Tell ya one thing, that cowl don't fit for crap and I think part of it is the tolerance in putting the cab together but its on.

I did find out that there is supposed to be a place close by that rents out a paint booth, I may check into that or just take my truck someplace to have it finished, not sure yet, kinda depends on finances in the next couple years.
I do know that my old bones are complaining more and more these days, everything hurts, sucks getting old LOL! so that might sway my decision on what I do too.

Next up, I got to find warm enough weather ( Its been raining) to put a coat of paint on my front bumper which is now sealed in primer powder coat and the new bumper bolts heads. of course my luck I'll put it on and then the truck won't fit in the garage till I remove it.. LOL!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote