Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #1422
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Hi Mike, how've you been and are there any truck updates? I went back and sorted out your posts dealing with your fuel tank and bedside filler. I appreciate all the detail that you included.

My 71 GMC currently has a rear tank with the filler in the bed. It sits so far forward that with the tailgate open you have to brace yourself with one hand while leaning in to fill. Summers and bed floors get really hot around here! So that's got to go and thinking I'll do one like yours. Seems like one complication is just finding a tank where filler, vent and sending unit line up out of the way of crossmembers and bed supports.
Hey buddy, yea hate to say it but i’m still at a stand still thanks to me buying that Silverado! Kinda getting to the point i may have to buy a nice large outdoor shed and gut my garage so i can find room to work on it, i just cant justify paying someone to work on it right now. But still happy its nice snd dry! I’m leaning towards holding off until I retire which should free up some funds.

What ever you do buy a tank thats made for your truck, mine is for a c10 and didn’t the mount flanges are not at the right level. Just keep that hose from dipping down and gas will flow nicely!

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's

Last edited by swamp rat; 01-23-2020 at 09:52 PM.
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote