View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #7
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Which should I grind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewery View Post
Thanks!

That's what I thought, that A arm was designed to be as minimal as possible and still be strong, I don't want to start taking out material. I will grind the spindle a little and see if that gets me there.
That is in fact the case but what spindles are you using. Over the decades the definition of as minimal as possible has changed. The stock GM ones had a large over design factor in them for safety. Todays factory spindles have much smaller safety margins as the manufacturing processes are way more sophisticated and there is less need for the "make it bigger and it will never fail" mentality.
If they are factory spindles I wouldn't hesitate to remove the material that is causing your problem. If they are aftermarket then I would return them as they may have been mis- machined.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote