Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #6144
MikeB

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post

I could let the bloody barn or garage or house fall down or all three if I wanted to. I could denude the property to the dirt by spraying herbicide on all of the grass, cut every tree and shrub to the ground right up to the property lines and push the buildings into a hole for a big ole weenie roast if I felt like it.

I wouldn't do that because it would cost me a bunch of property value and where would I put my stuff... but no bloody nanny can tell me I can't.
Maybe you wouldn't do it, but others would. I can say from past experience that it only takes one trashy neighbor to ruin the entire neighborhood.

I have no problems with some entity telling us to keep the trim painted and the grass cut and trimmed, but city or county ordinances can take care of that. That's how it used to be back before HOAs.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote