View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #880
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
The 00-02 LS1 F-body pumps are indeed internally regulated, but are too short to work in a Blazer tank. I have had buddies use them in a Boyd's Welding tank with great success after making there own top ring to hold the pump down using the 12 bolt flange on their tank.

I chose the 99-03 Silverado pump due to it being taller and I like the idea of every time I replace the fuel filter, I will be replacing the regulator as well with the Corvette style filter/regulator.
How much are those Vette filter/regulator set-ups? I knew they were a common swap approach but never researched their cost.

Ok.... I just answered my own question. Looks like it's a simple one in; two out. Which one of the outlets is the return to the tank? I guess these have a very high success rate of operation w/o the regulator failing? Or, is it because like you mentioned, it's replaced frequently enough that it doesn't see opportunity for service life related failure?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 07-02-2019 at 07:21 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote