View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #25
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Re: Move dash wires = no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
The headlight power feed, and the majority of the rest of the power feeds originate at the junction post on the fender.

Follow the positive cable from the battery positive post around to a plastic looking junction box on the inner fender...

Post us a pic of the inner passenger fender near the battery showing both of the battery leads...

It is possible your truck has been modified previously...it may have a battery cable direct to the starter solenoid and a smaller gauge wire on the positive battery clamp thru a fusible link, then to a smaller junction post on the fender...

If yours is the second style described, the loss of everything could be as simple as a bad connector on the positive battery lead....

Post a pic and we can see how its wired.

I will post a pic hopefully tomorrow. More info for you. When I bought this truck there was no junction block at all, and no lights worked. I bought a 67 Chevy front end that had the lighting wiring harness, so I removed and installed it in my GMC. I also removed the plastic junction box that came with the Chevy front end and installed it with this wiring harness in the GMC. I hooked up the ignition wire, and put a fusible link in it. This is when the headlights started working.
And later I got it running.
But all that has been erased, and I hope we soon figure out why, because my frustration is at an all time high.
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 11-10-2018 at 09:05 PM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote