View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #87
1966chevy

Re: 1966 chevy truck engine swap to LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysbowties View Post
I have been sewing for over 30 years and I have to say that those door panels look great, what did you use for the stainless trim. I know you said that you used something you got from Rod Doors to hold the door panels on but I think there out of business now and I can't find out what it is so if you could tell your secret that would be great. The main reason I wanted to reply to your thread was something I have been wanting to do for a long time and that's one piece glass, did you just do this by trail and error or some other means. Any information on the process of doing this would be greatly appreciated, like what window motors and track or whatever info you can. Thanks Alot
See the following tread about the one piece window info.. Yes I did it by trail and error.

The other thing about the door panels. I tried locating some of these panels and couldn't, so I build my own. I used PVC plastic purchased at Tap Plastics and built edges on the sides to accomodate the bend of the door panel and used push pegs for a clean look to install them on the door.
1966chevy is offline   Reply With Quote