View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #28
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: How much rust is too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
I know I asked yalls opinions but I sat down and thought hard about this

I have every single patch panel to fix the cab..

My friend who is a fabricator and welder said he would only charge me $800 to fix the cab
Yes I know its cheap but he knows what he is doing and I am excited to see the outcome

Check out my thread on my project if you're interested in learning more about my trucks
restoration
I know I said this before but I would really think hard about redoing this one. unless your sand blasting inside and out of every spot that can be blasted. Sand blasting rust comes with its own problems like thinning the metal once the rust id gone. its also weaker afterwards. I can almost guarantee that in 1 to 3 years the paint will start to bubble and rust will appear in areas near where you fixed it. We do 1 or2 of these a month and its going to be expensive and the result may be less than you were expecting. The picture below is a 50 but this is where your going to end up before you get all the rust. this cost 12500 to make new, it should have been a new cab but it was the owners desire to keep it and fix it. So he paid 12.5k for an $8500 cab
Attached Images

dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote