View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #50
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 67-72 Chevy Truck fuel gauge diagnostics 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
OK so I go after this mutha with a vengeance and tested the new sender with my old gauge and boom she works fine. Drop the empty tank and pull the old unit. Then it hits me-new one does not have a pickup for the fuel! Sumbugger! So I modify the old pickup to use the new sender. Took a pencil torch and soldered it on. Tested and boom still working good. Then it hits me-again this whole apparatus needs to fit thru a small arse hole. Aint happenin the way I have it. So rebend the pickup and float and bend this and that and finally it goes in. I think It works as I put 2.5 gallons from a can in it and the needle moved up. I think It may register full for a couple gallons before it registers any movement but it will tell me when it's empty. Full should be at 30 gallons.
Sounds like you got it. I will be curious to know how it works when you fill it and as it runs back down to empty.

Good work JJ,

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C