View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #18
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Installed '90 GM Factory EFI tank, '72 Blazer Factory gas gauge is pegged past fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsversaw View Post
VetteVet, thanks for chiming in. I've learned a lot from your posts. I'm following along here because I have the same problem.

I haven't understood what the FUEL terminal on the fuse panel is connected to. From your description, it sounds like the back of that terminal is connected to the sender terminal on the fuel gauge, and the tan wire from the sender plugs into the terminal on the front side.

Is that correct?

Yes the back of that terminal is the connection to the fuel gauge sender terminal. It is the tan wire to the no.4 terminal on the cluster plug. Here are the rest of the cluster connections for the gauge clusters.

Name:  cluster connector with gauges.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  30.4 KB

The wires for the light cluster with warning lights is different but I think the FUEL sender wire still goes to no. 4 terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee36 View Post
Hope you don't mind me stepping in; I'm stuck at home so I can answer that right now for VetteVet.

Yes, the the FUEL terminal is connected to the tan wire. I had forgotten about that terminal. Grounding that helps isolate the dash harness along with the gauge from the rest of the circuit back to the sender.
Thanks for the help! VV

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote