View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #11
chad64chevy

Re: brake light and turn signal help, PLEASE!!

ok, so I have ran ground wires to each rear tail light housing, which helped when I applied the brake both rear brake lights worked! but I figured that the lights should be dim and when I press the brake that's when they should go bright! but they don't there bright and then go dim when I apply the brake! also when I applied the brake with the driver side turn signal on and the left rear goes out and it stops blinking on the gauge cluster and front and back! when I turn the right turn signal on both rear light blink and are dim! going to replace headlight switch and turn signal switch! I ran 12guage grounds to the rear light housings to the frame and ran 10gauge grounds from the cab to frame both sides, and 12gauge grounds from bed to frame both sides front and back (4), then ran a 4gauge ground from engine to frame! not sure if it's over kill but it can't hurt right!!

also side note, I ordered the front harness that has internal regulator alternator on passenger side, it's the only harness that isn't new, I have a proform ready to run dizzy in it and it's wired right, I didn't get the hei engine harness
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote