View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
LBJ

Re: What Code Reader/Scanner to Buy?

Because my oil needed changing, I did that with a new filter. After that, I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. Upon power up and starting the engine, the ENGINE (icon) light went off. Apparently, the oil filter was clogged. It has been making a light clicking noise lately. So, that was probably the lifters. I had a brand new 1984 Olds just out of warranty and it started making the same noise. Changed the oil and filter, noise went away. I replaced the Silverado filter with a High Mileage Mobil 1 filter and the oil pressure is kinda high - 40 at idle and 50 at highway speeds. Just wonder if they increased the spring pressure to make oil pressure higher for high mileage vehicles? Hard to say. But also changed out the spark plugs as well after 90K miles. They still looked pretty good, but as long as I was under the hood, and the day was cool, did that as well as changed out the anti-freeze. Haven't done that since I bought it new, 13 years ago this month. Ha. Test drove about 10 miles and some highway speeds, all ran well. Guess I'll stumble across a code scanner sooner or later. Lucked out this time.

Last edited by LBJ; 10-15-2017 at 06:00 PM.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote