View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #23
Houston Ben

Re: New calipers and now brake problems.

Little update,
Had my boy help me bleed again. Bled the LR for a while and it finally stared to not sound like there were bubbles in it. I pushed the brake pedal which also did not feel "bubbly" anymore. I took it for a drive and she stops pretty good now. Is it just my truck, or do all these trucks have an initial hard push when stomped on where it does not feel like the brakes are applied until the pressure releases a little then the braking begins?

Looking at my prop-valve, it appears someone put a piece of clear plastic with the bleeder rod. When I was bleeding, I could hear what I assumed was the prop-valve tripping and resetting. It would make a sound when I bleed the brake, then make another sound when I had my boy build the pressure back up after I closed the bleeder screw. Do you think this was the prop-valve?

Also, if the prop-valve is tripped, shouldn't it be cutting off fluid to front or back brakes? I can get fluid out of both no problem.

Thanks for your time an patience on this. Not totally positive it is solved, but it is better.

Last edited by Houston Ben; 02-17-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Houston Ben is offline   Reply With Quote