View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #20
dan468

Re: Hydraulic Clutch Conversion 1965C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR65 View Post
Well guys, I finally got my new engine and transmission installed so I can update this thread.

The slave cylinder is a center pull late model (2005) with no bleed screw. I used my one man brake bleeder attached to the bleed screw on the master cylinder. I am using silicone fluid. All I had to do was the pump the clutch pedal for a few minutes until all the bubbles stopped coming out, done.

Since the master cylinder mounts level no bench bleeding was necessary.

Tip. The actuator rod should line up level with the master cylinder at the bottom of the stroke, not the top as in the above picture. So when it was pushed in all the way it was rubbing. So I had to elongate the hole in the pedal to fix that.

The pedal effort is fairly high, pretty much like the mechanical clutch that was in the truck. You could use a smaller bore master cylinder to reduce the effort if you wanted.

It will be a couple of months before I get the engine running so I can see how the release feels.

TR

what keeps the bolt in place with the elongated hole now? Can't it move around in such a big hole? Why did you choose to make a new hole in the first place? Wouldn't the factory hole give you the precise original throw?

thanks for the help, just got a T 56

- Dan

Build thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414699
dan468 is offline   Reply With Quote