View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #7
truckeez

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
truckeez had this on ebay for $429 & ended a little while ago. I thought about it but the deal for the M1009 I was trying to swing didn't happen before the end of auction. I don't want to use one on my '88. I just scored another K5 though that the tub has almost rotted off of. I think I'm gonna peel all the sheet metal off & plop an '85 GMC cab from a wreck I just got on there & do a short flat bed.
That item is not right for ebay, I gave it one last try.

the original version had a full inside liner-pretty complicated to fab, that panel was $550.00
I listed it for two yrs there............................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ............................................... and everyone figured that playing waitout would get them a gone out of business price.

Instead I just discontinued it, No-one I know of will mold custom fiberglass parts at a break even price ~~~~ It Just Aint That Pleasant, ,,,, to put it mildly.

Im not bothering with ignoramouses on ebay any more.

I posted these on most of the F-book blazer groups, I was able to trim $125 off with the new design. if this does not show some return for everything I put into it its gone for good this time.

Parts support for vintage vehicles ABSOLUTELY counts on customer support.

If products do not meet the goals,,

I have to discontinue them.

If someone's truck needs this very versatile accessory, attempting to contact me for help with the needed part later - after I had to go on to something else, I cant help them then.

People who make custom stuff like this . Have to see a return WHEN they bring it out,
Not "maybe someday" that's why most unique parts/ accessories like this don't survive, people's tax return from 2020 --that aint a go deal.

Last edited by truckeez; 10-31-2017 at 08:33 PM.
truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote