View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Best pre bent brake lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10hevy View Post
I know this is an old thread but would any of you guys be interested in buying a DIY kit instead of prebent lines? I'm thinking about putting together a kit with everything you would need, after I swapped a 91 suburban suspension and brakes into my 66 and spent more money on gas back and forth to the auto store did I get this idea.

Im thinking multiple feet of different tubing, multiple types of fittings, a double flare, and a tubing bender. Would that be something you would buy or would you rather have the ease of a pre bent system?
Personally,I would either use pre-bent from one of the good companies mentioned (I've only experienced Inline Tube) on anything OEM or just get the universal stuff from my local parts store for custom. If I'm doing something custom I expect some trial and error. I already have benders and flaring tools. I even have some tubing and fittings in my shop. It's not that hard to guesstimate what is needed. If I ordered someone else's guesstimate I figure there's a good chance I'd be running to the parts store for an oversight anyway.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote