View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Re: 67 GMC Lift thread

I am keeping the hub caps...if i don't end up using them on the truck, i'll more than likely keep them in the garage. for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 beast View Post
Nice truck!
Cant wait to see the completed lift.
What are some other plans for the truck, like axles, length of springs (stock, 47",52"...), end plans for the truck?

Congrats on tying the knot!!!
right now i'm keeping the stock axles, and if i don't sell my 85' K5, i'll use the axles off that for the 67'. it's got a 14 bolt FF in the rear and a heavy duty D44 up front. 52" springs up front and 50" centered springs in the rear.

End plans for the truck will probably be new floor pan and fenders, fix the body and paint two tone black under charcoal grey. I'd like to do a wood bed and possibly stroke the current 350. it's gonna be my weekend truck for sure, but i'd like it reliable enough to drive across country if i want to, so the motor will be in pieces after i get the stance and body work done.

all in all, i could probably drop a lot of money into this project...i dropped about 12K into a rock crawler project a few years back, so who knows what this is gonna run me. I've been wanting a 67 longbed for a long time, and don't plan to get rid of it.
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote