View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!
Re: 2001 4.3 S10 wont start

gcemist: pre-paired to pull the upper intake, I unhooked the injector harness from the spider, had my step son crank it over for grins and giggles with the ignition hooked up....and it fired up and ran a couple seconds like it normally does first thing in the morning, then it fired up 3 or 4 more times and ran for 4 or 5 seconds during one of these attempts. keep in mind the injector harness was unplugged and laying about 4 inches from the spider!!!! wtf?? it finally stopped firing up tho.

so i went ahead and pulled the upper intake only, re-installed the fuel lines, unhooked the coil leads, pulled each poppet valve and had my step son crank the engine while I held the poppet in a bottle. each poppet valve sprayed fuel fine??? this thing is puzzling me big time!! So, now get to put it back together, going to clean the spider up....but might replace it, I dont know?? what the crap is this things deal.

so now with the thing starting up with the injector harness unplugged I'm thinking it may be flooding out when the injector harness is plugged up. with the harness unplugged it allows the cylinders to clean out till the a/f ratio is right then it fires off....I don't know, down to grasping at straws now.

one other thing, the truck sat for about 3 years with a 1/4 tank of fuel, i'm thinking maybe big time condensation?? gonna pull about a quart of fuel and check it out. also gonna unhook the exhaust in front of the converter to see if that may be plugged up??
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote