View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
Bruces

Re: Seeking Knowledge

I was going to use a ext cab 2007 Colorado under my 1949 Ford f1 .The Colorado is a relatively flat frame and was within an inch of my fords track width if I remember correctly .Mine was a z71 4x4 ,but they made z71 2wd trucks as well with the torsion bar suspension , so my plan was to try a set of z71 2wd bearings and drop the 4 x 4 stuff off of it .I needed to cut a foot out of the frame to work with my wheelbase ,the frame was not c channel like an s10 ,but there was a nice straight easy area to deal with near the back of the cab .I bought my Colorado with a blown engine for $300.00 ,and sold off most of the body parts and scrapped the rest and had $30.00 into it when I had it stripped to the frame .I never did anything with the frame other than stripping it down before my neighbours complained to the city ,so I ended up scrapping the frame before I got going with it .I was not looking at building a ground scraping truck ,so it's ride height would of been fine for my use ,and you can definitely play with the torsion bars for some adjustment .When I have room in my garage ,I will find another and carry on with what I started .
Bruces is offline   Reply With Quote