View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #40
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

I have been busy plugging away. I didn't realize how many things I missed taking photos of until I went back through looking for things. After pulling the cab and bed, I am almost ready to install the mid boxing plates. The brake / clutch pedal has been modified and assembled. I will have to take pictures of that soon. There are 1/4" mounting bosses welded into the frame (I believe I'm on my third bottle of MIG gas!). I cut out several bowtie access holes in the boxing plates. The frame will be charcoal and a black plate will bolt up on the back side of the holes. You will see all of the weld nuts ready for the trans member, battery box, brake pedal assembly and booster mounts. I have ordered a couple bear claw hood / trunk latches that will be mounted to latch the bed (another picture I missed taking), and I just received the 2 2psi residual valves and the proportioning valve with the brake switch. I took and fabricated the frame enclosures for the rear side of the front swing arm clearance. That is turning out really well. Then just tonight I mounted the frame on Ted Tenholder's body rotisserie. This will make welding up the boxing plates and finishing the welding / grinding SOOOO much easier (and hopefully more professional appearing).

I appreciate everyone's positive comments. I am always looking for good advice too. I believe it is turning out well, but I am really interested in learning from other's experience to help it turn out really well. Thanks!
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote