View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #143
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Larry's been a busy dude this week since work is going to have him on the road for the next couple of weeks. He's shot a couple of cell phone pics to show some progress.

Frame has been pruned of the stock rear spring hangers and ready for some black paint.

Paint is on and now ready for the ORD shackle flip brackets.

Flip brackets installed.

Springs got a fresh coat of tractor paint and awaiting the 14 Bolt's arrival.

Axle is in and Larry's q78 swampers installed as rollers. Sitting tall as there is no weight on the rear of the truck, no top, fuel tank or seats.

A shot from the rear.

The 44 awaiting springs to bolt up into it's new home.

Bonus shot. The air intake ductwork solution. We had a UPS truck in the shop a couple of weeks ago for a charging problem. This was a Workhorse W42 chassis running a GM 6.0L engine. The air intake caught my eye as a possible solution to look more stock and less aftermarket. I looked it up in the Workhorse part catalog online and sent the details to Larry. He ordered a new one up and the price was less than even no-name aftermarket options on ebay or amazon.

Larry did have to order some fresh front spring eye bushings for the front springs. So he got some fresh bushings with greaseable bolts coming in from ORD. He did let me know the sway bar end bushings are wiped out and suggested we refresh them and the ones on the frame side. I picked up some from a couple of the local parts places to the shop. Need to drop them off tomorrow.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote