View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #146
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Not a whole lot going on this week. Larry's been on the road and I've been keeping my nose to the grindstone. I did stop by to drop off some fresh braided steel brake lines for the front, ORD sway bar bushings and a pair of speakers for the dash.

To take some of the load off of Larry for the detail work I brought home the shocks and steering stabilizer to clean up and paint. This is a true budget build as I didn't have extra coin to spend on fresh shocks. They were still riding just fine, not leaking but the paint was blown off over the years. So, we'll clean them up and fog some paint on them.

Here's what I started with, the top one was the test subject to see how the wire wheel on the angle grinder would do. It did awesome. It ripped the paint and rust scale off in a couple of minutes.

After a little more noise, we are left with 4 stripped shocks. I grabbed some more 320 grit sanding pads to replenish Larry's supply and smoothed them out further and followed up with a finishing grit scotch brite pad.

Wiped clean they got hung in one of my trees and fogged with some primer.

After letting the primer dry I hit it with Larry's favorite tractor paint. This time in of all colors, Ford Gray. Which actually is more of a tan color. More fitting we thought.

Got to still hit the stabilizer and clean up the winch to ready it for paint. Stuff to do for Sunday.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote