View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #22
rsavage

Re: BrothersTruck ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGreek View Post
They absolutely suck when it comes to back ordered parts and communication. They don't show that a part is back ordered on their site, which is annoying. Then you wait and wait for your order to ship, it's a week later, you call them and have someone explain that one item is backordered and they are waiting for it to ship the whole order...

Most businesses have common courtesy to call the customer and tell them that. I waited a week, with a huge order and had to call them to figure that out. Then they asked if I wanted the other parts shipped now or just wait. I tell them to wait and they guarantee me it'll all be shipped tuesday, when the one parts comes in and then of course I hear nothing. Call late tuesday and get told back ordered part is coming Thursday and of course once again I had to call and figure that out.

I've ordered from every company out there, but they are a bunch of bozos. Really really bad at communicating things that should be simple to take care of, just as any other business works. Don't think I'll order anything else from them after that ordeal, so I feel for ya.
They are not the only company that has very poor customer service. Mac's, which sells Ford parts, was a local company for like 50 years. I could drive there and they had the parts I needed in stock. Couple of years ago they were gobbled up by Eckler's. Now it is based in Florida. I can order and have the parts shipped free to the former Mac's near me (nothing is stocked there - it is just an empty warehouse with a couple of employees) but it takes forever. I was waiting a couple of weeks for some communication on an order. Finally got in touch with Customer Service and they hadn't shipped my order because one part was on back-order. I told them to ship it. A few days later I called Florida and asked if it had been shipped to the old Mac's. I was told yes. I drove there the next day and it wasn't there. Finally a couple days later it arrived. Eckler's is systematically destroying a once vibrant company. I will now use them only as a last resort.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote