Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #12
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

Some disassembly required!!! Got to taking the bed apart tonight. First thing to get out of the way - Chevy when you use 20,000 bolts to put your beds together don't use 4 little welds in the corner of the rear of the bed to hold it together, it just made a terrible job just that much worse!!! Next time just use 4 more bolts to hold it, and leave well enough alone!

Ok I got that off my chest...

Really taking it apart the bed was pretty straight forward. I was glad that I had put it on end to take 90% of the bolts out. That made the job a whole lot easier.

So I got it mocked up and wanted to put the rims on and check the clearances. I cannot be more pleased right now. The measurements worked put perfectly with that 3/4 ton rear end, the rims and tires are going to tuck right up in the stock fenders! Knowing that I do not have to modify those stock fenders is a huge relief.

Now I have to get in there and make the support frame and cut the inner wheel wells to fit. After that I will put the floor back in it's new location.
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote