View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 AM   #2
ericfallon

Re: 67-72 rear speakers and subs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadchev72 View Post
I have a 2wd 68' shortbox I am currently building, it is stripped down and getting ready for paint. I have purchased enough dynamat to cover the while cab floor and back of cab. I have removed the ashtray and re-worked the metal so that I can install a double din head unit with navagation and bluetooth and I am planning on running a 6.5" speaker pods in the kickpanel location. I am curious as what to do for rear speakers and subs?

I am running a factory bench seat with the gas tank relocated to the rear so I will have a fair amount of room behind the seat.

Lets see some pics and hear some options please.
I bought a set of brackets that put the rear speakers in the cab corner , they are metal and not sure who made them. Maybe a member here don't know .bought at a swap meet.
I think I'll cheat on the sub box and buy a big one that holds 2)10's or 12's and then cut it at an angle to fit the truck..and screw/glue a new back to it.
You can't build the box for what parts express or sonics sell them for.. and skill saw blade and some wood glue are cheap.. bonus already carpeted.
ericfallon is offline   Reply With Quote