View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 02:54 PM   #25
leegreen

Re: Mustang II IFS Ride Quality VS S10 Swap

you may be making a mistake if you are building a truck for yourself and worried about how much it is worth when you are done. The real question is how much time and money do I have to invest to get what I want and can I afford that investment.

kudos to joedough for having a formula that lets him crank out s10 swapped trucks and sell them and keep it going for a decade or more. He clearly knows how much to pay for candidates, knows how far to take each project and what to sell it for. S10 swap is a well documented way to DIY yourself to a DD. But we have also seen many old truck projects for sale 'sitting' on an S10 frame.

A MII or similar crossmember is also a proven way to improve these trucks, but that crossmember is just one piece of the puzzle. We also see many unfinished projects with a MII cross member welded in.

The important thing is to realistically plan your project within your limitations. Don't turn into the guy selling his dream with the obvious lie "all the hard work is done"
leegreen is online now   Reply With Quote