View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 AM   #11
akart

Re: Bilstien shock experiment $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Watson View Post
If you still have big ride height differences after moving the hangers to the 56" location we need to work that out. We thought that was fixed last summer.

As for shocks, I suspect part of the problem might just be length and positioning. If you don't have 3-4" of shock travel in each direction it'll get stiff quick. The rougher the road the more travel you'll need to keep from topping or bottoming the shock till you get to a shock length that exceeds the springs' available travel. It's not always obvious when a shock only has an inch of droop travel available but it'll ride terrible if that's the case. It's usually pretty obvious when there's only a couple inches of bump travel.
Actually the height problem was not fixed you just wore me down and you didn't want to talk about it so I decided to live with it. This thread is about shocks and I know I need new ones. I moved the rear shock perch down about 4" so my rear shock would even connect and there is only about 1.5" down travel in the rear and 2" in the front. I know what length shocks I need to get my 4" up/down travel. What I want to know is the shock rate and if I can get Bilstiens between there 170/60 & 255/70 rates or is that all there is?
akart is offline   Reply With Quote