BOSS
Just here to help

chevjayfsd

****** Truck Information ******
General
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Year: 1972
How long have you owned this truck?: 15 years
History behind the truck: My dad needed some form of transportation to and from work, and a friend was willing to part with a truck that he had. Well we went to look at it, and to say the least, were disappointed. It was a 1972 C-10 Custom Deluxe with the LWB. The truck was shot. Rust in all of the usual places, all of the glass was spider-cracked, and not all of the pieces were there. The truck had the original 350, which did not run. The truck was 3 different colors, white, blue and rust, with dents everywhere. All four tires were flat and bald. We ended up buying the truck for $800, but the thing was, we had to spend enough money on it to get it inspected and running.
We got it home and worked on it just enough to get it running and to the inspection place. My dad then continued to drive it for about six years to and from work. We then bought a 90’ Bonneville, which was his new mode of transportation, he told me we would one day fix the 72 up real nice. The truck sat for about 5 years, and he told me we should just sell the thing. Needless to say, I put up a fight. One day, when I was 14 and out of school for summer, he drove off to work, and I got up and went into the garage, where I removed all of the front sheet metal, and had my best friend help me. When my dad got home, needless to say he was steamed. But that was all that was needed to get him into the mood. He came home one day and asked if I would rather have a Short bed truck, and I said yeah! So we cut the frame, and 2 years later after blood, sweat and tears we ended up with this truck!

Chassis
Suspension type: Early classic 5.5/4” drop: Front = 2.5” spindles and 3”springs, and 4” springs in rear.
Front Brakes: Stock Disc Brakes
Modifications: Truck was a LWB, we cut the frame 20” and slapped a short bed on it. The frame was painted black w/ Torch Red suspension components. Gas tank moved out of cab to Blazer tank setup under bed.
Rear Brakes: Stock Drum Setup
Steering: Stock
Front and rear tire/wheel type: Front : BF Goodrich 225/75/15 w/ Progressive 15x7. Rear : BF Goodrich 275/60/15 w/ Progressive 15x8.
Rear differential type / Gears: 12 bolt Chevy - 3.73 posi.

Body
Color Scheme: GM Torch Red (Corvette Color) and lots of chrome
Bodyman: Dan’s Paint and Body (Potosi, Tx)
Modifications: Shaved all badges but 350 badge under side marker. Shaved gas neck. Shaved molding holes.
Paint Type: 3 stage Dupont
Painter: Dan’s Paint and Body in Potosi, Tx

Interior

Color: Gray/Black/Red
Material: Leather and Vinyl
Upholsterer: We did it.
Wiring: Stock
Modifications: All painted interior with Roddoors Components
Steering wheel/Column: Original tilt column w/ 90 Chevy wheel
Stereo/Speakers/Amps: Don’t need any. I have Exhaust!!!!
Air Conditioning: Stock A/C non functional. Don’t need any, it just robs HP!
Instrument Gauges: Stock

Engine

Cubic Inch: 355 C.I.
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Camshaft: Comp Cams .484 lift
Cylinder heads: STAGE II Vortec
Valve Covers: Summit Racing
Intake Manifold: Edelbrock Performer RPM
Ignition System: HEI Dizzy
Exhaust type: 2.5” True Dual w/ 40 series Flowmasters, and Headers

Transmission

Automatic / Standard: Auto