View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
kcmarkd

Temp Gauge Wiring @ Ignition Switch

Hello All,

I have read and read a ton of the various posts regarding the temp gauges, and while all great info, learned a lot, I have a different question that I hope someone can give me a pointer or two.

My project is a 1970 C10 LWB CST, mostly stock with the exception of a different engine. Factory put in a 350, but one of the POs replaced the 350 with a '66 283. The truck has gauges for temp and such, not warning lights. Couple of notes, then my question:

- I did not have a temp sender. I have since located and installed one.
- I did locate the dark green wire under the hood. But, mysteriously it was connected to the + side of the coil. No clue why.
- I have traced this dark green wire to the correct pin on the engine side of the firewall.
- I see a dark green wire connected to the correct pin in the back of the instrument cluster.
- My intent was to do some continuity checks to verify the wiring, but found that the two dark green wires that are supposed to be connected to one of the spades on the ignition switch are nowhere to be found.

My question: short of gutting the entire dash wiring harness, can someone tell give me a pointer on where these two dark green wires were originally routed? Did they join the rest of the wire bundle that is routed behind the cluster?

While my ultimate plan is to replace all of the rats nest of wires, I did not want to have to do that now.

Thanks in advance.