View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #10
James903

Re: PVC valve questions

Well basically I just kinda started from the beginning. I pulled #1 plug, made sure all was good there tdc. Pulled dist and I think that was part of my problem. I had it dropped in good but I checked the springs, and bushings. One of the springs was kinda binded up. So I popped them off and put the other ones in I wanted to try. Put it all back together and fired it up. Set the timing and runs great. I have the pcv hooked up and none of the issues I had before. I definitely learned a lot about tuning and tracking down the problem. I think a lot of the frustration was I blew up the original engine a couple weeks ago, then I threw in a different one I had on the stand that turned out to be really low compression almost none in 2 cylinders. Then the third (Craigslist find) made sure things were right as far as clearances other things. I just couldn't tune it at first, and had high oil pressure which I wasn't expecting. I basically kept jumping to conclusions but figured it all out. I will say that he $200 Craigslist engine I think is totally going to turn out to be a score! I wasn't expecting much from it based on price, but the thing seems practically rebuilt new. Thanks for the random input and advice on pvc valves (bosshogg I will always keep that stuff in mind next time) and everyone else.
James903 is offline   Reply With Quote