View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #525
64RC20

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

No, if I can accomplish this disc upgrade, I'll definitely want a booster/MC and proportining valve. And with my Social Security budget, I'm open to suggestions on those parts...I found a combo package at Classic Parts but it's over $300 and though it looks nice, I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative!

My previous engine spun a cam bearing and died (a used 350...lasted 29 years, God bless it) right after I invested $1200 on nice new wheels and tires, so I wanted to protect that $1200 investment. Got lucky on another used 350 from PicknPull ($150 out the door, plus another $100 or so in timing chain, gaskets, etc.). Got lucky there...perfect compression and it runs like a Swiss watch! But now my brakes are wanting attention. So now I'm trying to get them done, including splitting front from rear, as cheaply and safely as possible. When I found this forum, I realized disc brakes were doable.

(If my next posts looks weird, it's because I'm gonna try to use the "quote message in reply" function. That's another learning curve where I'm still looking way up!)

Last edited by 64RC20; 03-23-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
64RC20 is offline   Reply With Quote