View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #96
67Steven

Re: 1972 K5 4x4 modified build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin G View Post
So you ran the 4" lift springs, rear shackle flip, and zero rate giving you about 9" of lift in the rear? Did you just used a degree shim on the front? I'm guessing with the B-52 and 4" lift springs you've got about 8" of lift on the front?

I'm going to run H2 wheels......since they are only 8.5" wide........I think I'm going to stick with 37" tires. I'll buy either the BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's in 37x12.50r17's or Toyo Open Country MT in 37x13.50r17's.

If I run the B-52, and rear shackle flip like you suggested....what would you recommend on springs to level the truck and clear 37's?

Sorry for all the questions.......but I appreciate any advice you've got. If my Blazer turns out half as good as yours I'll be a happy man!

Yeah, that's about it. Your springs will settle some. Mine did a lot. I ended up adding a zero rate to the front to level it out. I will probably look at Deaver or Alcan in the future, or probably link it if I get bored.

This should leave enough room for mild wheeling, you won't stuff the tire at full compression and not rub on the rear of the front fenders, but it works okay for trail riding and such.