View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 05:55 AM   #805
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Distractions and more distractions. As I try to outlast the brutal heat (and mostly humidity) and gain momentum on the '59, small projects that will fill up the bed of the '59 keep finding me. It didn't hurt that I sold the Honda TL250 which freed up some mad money.

The first thing that surfaced was an all original '93 CT70 with only 400 miles on it. Cleaned the carb, straightened the turn signal arms, installed a new battery and washed it and have been buzzing around on it ever since.
Name:  IMG_2749.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  65.2 KB

The second thing that showed up is an all original '73 Schwinn Apple Krate that was stored in an attic in Tennessee for the last 40+ years. Some say that this was the gateway drug into the hot rod world that some of us got hooked on back in the '70's. I had an Orange Krate back in the day. This particular one even had the original tires although I had to replace the front one. The slick in the rear is like new. Mucho light surface rust on every square inch of chrome. Through Google, I discovered that Aluminum foil and water would clean up effortlessly. It did a shockingly good job on 90% of the chrome. Re-glued the a section of the seat, repacked all the bearings and replaced the brake cables but kept the original housing. This year even had a cable actuated rear disc brake!!

BEFORE
Name:  IMG_7291.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  54.3 KB

AFTER
Name:  IMG_2890.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2889.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  66.5 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote