View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #55
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
McMurphy, Im the same way. Being new to this sheet metal replacement and body work I think I over annalize everything. I fit everything like 10 times and keep adjusting and thinking about it over and over. It seems to take me forever to get something just perfect where im happy to weld it in.
Thanks Chevelles, it is good to know that there are some other look before you leap types around here.

Quote:
Cool find and an interesting story. What are you going to do about the engine?? I take it its still dead?
Hey Protrash,
The original 292 threw a rod while hauling a boat from Anchorage back up to Fairbanks 9-10 years ago and has a gnarley hole in the d-side of the motor just forward of the motor mount. For my vision I am going to get a crate engine SBC 350 that I am hoping will bolt up to the transmission that I posted pics of a few weeks ago.

Later when I post pics you can see my engine bay and the transmission cross member that has been cut out. I guess someone wanted that original tranny pretty bad to whack it out of there like that.

Quote:
I will be interested to see what you do with the drop and power steering.
Me too Kevin....
LOL
I lost out on a 78 Chevy pick up that I could have snagged for $700 that would have had a lot of the stuff I need. So now I am keeping my eyes peeled on CL for a donor rig.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote