View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #54
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln
Yes I agree it is alot of work but that is most of the fun! As far as a bigger notch that seams it would only be if you went with a canti set up. I am thinking of doing a duel shock wave set up with the shocks off th eside of the frame. It looks like you could save about 5-8" by not going to a cnati set up like on the 55 (although that does look bad a$$). As far as the half-shafts I also agree and I would set it up so at my ride heigh ( low ) they would be parallel and then lay down from their. I am figuring if I can get about 4" of trave each way from ride height that should put me as low as I want to go and still be very useable with out having a large notch.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Kevin-
The bigger notch I am referring to has nothing to do with the canti-lever set-up.With a 29" tall tire, the bottom of the frame rail just behind the C4 third member mounts needs to be 20" from the ground (at a 5" ride height) to give the rear tie-rods clearance at full dump. The mounts on the third member are about 38" wide and will not fit inside the frame-rails of a stock chassis. We're doing a 71 blazer with full C4 and I will be happy to post some pics as soon as we get to the suspension part of the build. Not trying to discourage, I know you're more than capable of doing this type of work, and I agree, the more work (challenge) the bigger reward!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote