View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 AM   #61
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CSTC5
Had to chime in here because I am such a big car nut and a perfectionist but DAMN, Porter, that has to be some of the nicest fab work and welds that I have ever seen. I hope you are getting paid for what you do. Good honest work not butched up is hard to come by. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming. Just bought a 72 cheyenne short wide to be a stable mate to my 72 2wd Blazer so maybe the Blazer will get your new front end and pass the Blazer to the truck for daily driving chores. How much do you think realistically money wise with steering joints and all for the kit to install, bags and all?
Dropmember $1200 (comes with everything you need minus the following)
-Rack and Pinion (it must be Mustang II all years will bolt right up to the member) $250 (this can vary depending on what brand or style of rack you buy. Power or manual rack, close ratio, bla, bla, bla.)
-Steering Shaft and Linkage $300 (you can use 3 joints or only 2 by buying the "expensive" double u-joint for the column shaft end. An idler is needed either way)
-Bags $75-$100 each, depending on where you buy them
-Shocks $50-$75

My calculations say about $2000 plus tubular arms (recommended, not necessary). I will be putting together a "package deal" and will post it up when my supercomputer spits out the calculation!
If you go power rack it'll be more for lines and pump.
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote