View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #24
ClOsEr15

Re: 65 short bed, big window restoration, start June 17'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61K10 View Post
Great work! Just a note with epoxy, mine that i used had a 7 day window to spray primer on it. Don't know what brand you are using? I went over my window a few days and everything seems ok after a year. Don't know what the results would be if you let sit for 6 months? Sure wish they had new bed sides when i did mine. Anyway great work.

Yea im not too worried about the window period of putting something else on it. Im going to be doing metal work for a few months at least anyways, so its just for protection for now. Once im done with metal work and setting gaps and body lines, i'll DA everything and every single inch of my truck will be wiped with filler.

When I say "every inch", I literally mean, every inch haha. I'll identify my low spots first, hammer and dolly them, apply filler, block them smooth, then apply filler to an entire panel, and block smooth, find more low spots, fix them, and then wipe the entire panel again until all the guide coats comes off evenly and stop blocking once I start seeing metal. Every panel of my truck will probably be wiped 2-3 times completely, and blocked over before priming.

^^^ thats the only way to get a car/truck "laser "straight! You can just fix little dings/dents and expect to have a laser straight vehicle. My truck will NOT be your everyday truck you see at a car show thats wavy down the side. I am the annoying guy at car shows that goes around, and isnt WOW'd about all the chrome or the big engines. I immediately look at the body work and identify low spots and how much time was put into DA'ing a car, instead of block sanding. The ONLY time I will use a DA sander, is to knock down filler with #80 for my intial wipe, and then DA again with #3000 on a trizac pad before buffing lol.
ClOsEr15 is offline   Reply With Quote