View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 04:41 PM   #13
SilverGT3RS

Re: Powering up my LQ9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
Those cams listed above are going to be pretty lumpy at idle. IMO if you choose one or the other I think a 3600 stall TC is in your future. I like and buy either Yank or Circle billet converters. Either can set them up to drive almost like a stock TC.
I would and maybe you already have included your tuner in your parts selection including the injectors and see what he thinks combo wise.
Just as a side note there are a couple of somewhat local tuners that I have used and have done a great job tuning my LS swaps. Both have told me the same thing in regards to engine HP. Some folks spend a $1000 to chase 10-15 HP.
I definitely like the Circle stall convertor….been reading a lot of good reviews on them.

I appreciate the feedback on the cam…it’s really the toughest thing to try and get right, at least for me. I want an aggressive sound, but still want driveability. Obviously since I’m rodding it out I don’t need a daily driver type set up which takes some pressure off.

On that note, both cams are actually somewhat smooth for the most part compared to what I thought they’d be when I heard the specs. Luckily the internet has about 4-5 clips of both LS trucks and cars running the cams that were suggested. The Texas Speed cam is the smoother cam, although without a doubt you know there’s something in there. Recommended stall was 2800 with that cam.
Comp Cams suggested 2800-3000 stall for the cam recommended from them.

I don’t think 2800/3000 stall is crazy and I don’t want to go much north of that.
SilverGT3RS is offline   Reply With Quote