View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
joedoh

Re: Vin decoding help

i would recommend that you become the expert on titling. find out what is required for inspections of antique vehicles.

for example, in my state anything older than 1949 and sold in the state can be titled on a bill of sale if the serial number on the plate does not have a recent (20-25 years) record of registration. there is no inspection required, but the numbers need to conicide to the correct year and model, and I have to show documents of how I determined the year and model. anything from out of state or newer than 1949 needs a VIN inspection, and they will not process a highway title on a bare cab, they will require a second inspection when its assembled.

so look up the DMV website and read very carefully. call the DMV and ask general questions like, does a 1946 need any inspection? require a title to register? etc

and if you have the bottom right corner, that is where the serial number was, should be number two letters and then four to five numbers, which is plant, year, model, and the last 4-5 will be the serial production number. I misread thinking the bottom right corner was missing.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote