View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 12:18 AM   #5370
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Underbed Spare Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
That's very nice ! .

I've only ever found one really nice one here, with all the hardware etc. and it was far from home and had a locked spare on it, I was too tired to go back the next day and grab it, still sad I didn't but Old Men are not Young men, knowhutImean ? .

The whole dang truck was near perfect too : Grandpa's old long bed rig with a camper, donated as soon as he was in the ground I bet .

So many nice cars in Junk Yards here directly from those rip off charity donation places .

Maybe I'll find another one some day .
Simple, but thanks. I was thinking about selling it, because I bought an in-bed carrier. An under-bed carrier is pain in the *&^ to change a tire. Down is dirty, up has to be a strain, and thankfully I'll never do it. I think I'll paint it with the new carrier, slap it back on just to have it........... So yeah, I do know what you mean.

Incidentally, I realized I have to drop the aux. tank to install said in-bed carrier to factory......Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa!. Maybe not HAVE to, but close for sure. The tank is worthless anyway.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025