View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #936
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Next up, pulling the bench seat so I can pull the carpet back and get the transmission hump removed. I hate pulling stuff apart that I've already completed. In this case, the casualty was the fitting on the bottom of my Vintage Air unit for the drain hose. The hose VA had sent didn't fit and I couldn't get it to stop leaking so I had gone hunting for another hose that would fit tighter. I ended up using a piece of air compressor hose, but I had to heat up the end to get it to stretch over the fitting. The hose went out through the carpet so it had to be removed. I didn't think about all that stuff when trying to remove the hose. I yanked and twisted it too much and broke the fitting I still have to figure out how to fix that.

Then move to underneath. Pulled the driveshafts, the NP205 that was already in the truck, the SM456 and bellhousing. There are a few other things in the way like the manual clutch linkage, emergency brake cable and speedo cable that also had to be removed/moved. Pretty much standard stuff for this step.

I also discovered a 2nd casualty. My speedo cable was burned through pretty badly. I think that this was from when I originally routed the cable. With my current cable routing, it didn't look like it should contact the exhaust.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is online now   Reply With Quote