Thread: 4L60e overhaul
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 06:28 AM   #18
TexasT

Re: 4L60e overhaul

We are going to for go the transgo kit due to budgetary constraints. I did do the check of the captured ball in the servo area. Used some stabil and it didn't seem to leak any. We will probably reuse the stock plate after working it with a hammer to get the check ball holes back into shape. I ordered up a set of the thorlon balls but haven't decided to use them yet. Might just do the metal ones. They lasted 225k miles. Or might order the transgo plate and go that way. Still up in the air. Will be drilling out the holes for firmer shifts on which ever plate we use.
I bought a pinless accumulator piston in anticipation of a plastic one but it hasn't come out yet. All metal so far. Will check the pin and pistons for wear and see but might just install the seals and go back with stock. The piston in the case had no spring. Have to study up on that. I have some white springs and would put one in if warranted. I like firm crisp shifts. But this is a suburban so.it ain't a racecar.
Will look into the wide bushing for the sun gear. I believe I ordered it and think it is in my box of parts.
I do appreciate the suggestions and want you to keep them coming. Thank you very much.

Last edited by TexasT; 11-04-2018 at 10:23 AM.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote