View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #40
jaros44sr

Re: Need help with wiring stock temperature and vacuum gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
It's been a while but I finally got around to refurbishing my instrument cluster. Out is the hand throttle and aftermarket Sun Pro gauge. I installed a new bezel, lens, printed circuit, and tin along with the correct factory temp gauge with vacuum gauge. It looks awesome.

I was able to get the vacuum gauge to work by buying a brass adapter to attach a 1/4" barb to the back of the gauge. The adapter and 1/4" barb were threaded on with teflon tape. I used six feet of 1/4" vacuum line and ran it to a T that I installed about two inches from the vacuum line coming out of the rear of the intake manifold that leads to the AC canister. The gauge reads right down the center at "15" during idle and drops to "0" if I stab the throttle but bouces right back to "15". I guess that's what it should be doing?

I found a few cut wires behind the block wile under the hood. One wire on the passenger side and another on the driver side. Not suprising to me, the volt meter and temp gauge do not work. I installed a new temp sensor. I think the cut green wire I found needs to be connected to the temp sensor and that will resolve my temp gauge issue.

I'm not sure what I have to do to get the volt meter working. Any ideas?

Thanks,
John
Good job John, glad it worked out for you. You're right on the green wire, I'll see if I can find the volt wire for you

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote