View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #84
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Well its been over a year with all sorts of ups and downs. One positive note is that there's an auto Parts supplier that is over and above.. I am completely impressed that Rancho Shocks stepped up to the plate and honored their "lifetime guarantee" and replaced all my shocks (and steering stabilizer}. They were added around 2001 and now 16 years later completely shot. They took the old ones back and shipped new ones at no cost. They make a good product unlike EDELBROCK whose quality control and customer service are in the toilet. I will never buy or recommend badly made and machined EDELBROCK products to anyone ever again. Their products cost me about a grand to resolve.

Also a thumbs up to PEP BOYS who warranted my 17 year old alternator. They were delighted to get it back in the original box for display.

Both the brakes and the tranny remain pricey issues but trying to have them both addressed soon. The last step will be the adding of the HAP ARNOLD AIR force wings to the doors and the memorial myrtle wood side racks. Then off to local shows, parades and USAF recruiting centers.
Attached Images

vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote