View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #763
Greenlee

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
I’m glad that used TH400 just keeps on trucking! I’d be in a bad way with no OD and 4.56 gears.

So good news today in the fact the truck came home. Bad news is all the repairs cost more than I originally paid for the truck! Another rebuild on the transmission, new billet torque converter, full rebuild on the NP205, replaced carrier bearing and dropped it 2” to improve driveline angle. Man she is tight now. The shop did right by warrantying all the parts they could, and giving me a written unlimited mileage 2 year warranty. It still wasn’t cheap. If it blows up again I’m letting my wife take it in. The shop can explain it to her because I’m not going to!!
Just think of all the money you are saving by not buying a new comparable crew cab for 50k plus. Plus your truck is freaking cool!

Yeah, my truck has 3.42 gear ratio and it still revs up pretty good on the freeway with the 3 speed. I can cruise along about 70 okay, but much faster than that makes me uncomfortable. I guess you have to remember the speed limit was 55 when theses trucks were new!
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote